Website PYE Global
Time Commitment: 2 – 2,5 days/week
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Remuneration: Dependent on Experience
Start Date: April 2017
Application Deadline: Rolling
Around the globe, PYE empowers young people by awakening their innate creativity. Our goal is to nurture the crucial life skills and confidence required to meet the challenges of school, work and our shared world. Based on our Creative Community Model, PYE offers proven facilitation training directly to the people who teach, mentor and support youth and groups of all ages.
Teaming up with local partners, PYE trains youth workers, educators, program leaders, artists and others to weave the arts into their work and deliver transformative learning experiences that unlock the potential of young people.
In 2016 alone, PYE and our network of partners trained over 4000 professionals in 12 countries. As a result over 200,000 young people became creative, committed, engaged leaders that our world needs.
PYE UK is a registered Charity in England and Wales (no. 1140994) that works hand-in-hand with PYE US, a 501-c-3 non-profit based in Seattle, WA, with staff based in the US and Europe (London, UK and Barcelona, Spain).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As PYE enters an exciting new phase of growth and expansion, we are looking for an experienced Communications Assistant to provide communications support to PYE’s international team based in Barcelona, Spain. The Communications Assistant will have a deep understanding of marketing and communications, and will be excited about using these skills to generate positive social change.
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for the following Areas:
1. Marketing and communications
a. Writing and sending regular newsletters and regular communications with our main audiences.
b. Developing and implementing a social media strategy to build our global communit and generate interest and registrations in PYE Global training and programs.
c. Updating current and eventually new website (scheduled launch spring 2017).
d. Monthly Google Analytics reports for PYE Global team, with recommendations based on data.
e. Develop marketing materials (flyers, presentations etc.), writing copy, and working with designer on branding and layout, printing where necessary.
f. Press/PR – writing press releases and securing opportunities for PYE to be profiled in the media, generating buzz and interest in PYE’s work.
g. General copywriting support to PYE Global team and communications.
h. Storytelling – writing “stories of impact” that communicate the value of our work.
i. Contributing ideas and ways to keep engaged with our alumni network, partners, facilitators and donors.
j. Organising PYE’s photo and video assets so they can be easily accessed by the team and for marketing materials.
k. Supporting set up of training registration forms, webpages for trainings and programmes.
2. Brand roll out – supporting the successful launch of a new name and brand for PYE during the spring of 2017
Skills and Experience
• Communications degree or equivalent in demonstrated experience.
• 2 years experience providing similar communications support to organisations/companies.
• Fluent English spoken and written. Spanish and Catalan are a bonus.
• Experience with WordPress, newsletter delivery systems, basic HTML, CRM systems (Salesforce is a bonus).
• Ability to work with graphic designers, website designers and in teams.
• Shared values and passion for youth-empowerment work.
• Ability to communicate with diverse international audience.
• Responsible, accountable and results-focused.
• Strategic, creative thinker able to problem solve and contribute new ideas to further the mission of PYE Global.
• The time commitment for this role is 2 – 2.5 days/week.
• The role is based in Barcelona, combining in person and remote working.
• In-person meeting space will be provided.
• This is 1-year engagement with a 3-month trial period.
• Remuneration based on experience.
• This role reports to PYE UK Executive Director (based in Barcelona).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume, a short letter by email sharing why you are the right person for this position (in English) and 3 of your best writing samples to Gwyn Wansbrough, PYE Global Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their applications in advance. Due to the small size of our team we will only contact short-listed candidates for an interview. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.