Website PYE Global
Time Commitment: 2 days/week
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Remuneration: Dependent on Experience
Start Date: February 2017
Application Deadline: Rolling
Around the globe, PYE empowers young people by awakening their innate creativity. Our goal is to nurture the crucial life skills and confidence required to meet the challenges of school, work and our shared world. Based on our Creative Community Model, PYE offers proven facilitation training directly to the people who teach, mentor and support youth and groups of all ages.
Teaming up with local partners, PYE trains youth workers, educators, program leaders, artists and others to weave the arts into their work and deliver transformative learning experiences that unlock the potential of young people.
In 2016 alone, PYE and our network of partners trained over 4000 professionals in 12 countries. As a result over 200,000 young people became creative, committed, engaged leaders that our world needs.
PYE UK is a registered Charity in England and Wales (no. 1140994) that works hand-in-hand with PYE US, a 501-c-3 non-profit based in Seattle, WA, with staff based in the US and Europe (London, UK and Barcelona, Spain).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As PYE enters an exciting new phase of growth and expansion, we are looking for a highly organised Operations Assistant to provide administrative support to PYE’s 2-person European team based in Barcelona, Spain. The Operations Assistant will have experience of providing high quality administrative support to organisations, and will be excited about using these skills to generate positive social change.
The Operations Assistant will be responsible for three primary areas:
1. Financial Management Support:
• Work with PYE UK Executive Director and bookkeeper to provide support for management of online accounting systems (ReceiptBank and QuickBooks), tracking payments and invoices
• Additional financial management support as and when needed
2. Programme Management Support:
• Support Programme Manager with filing, organisation of partnership materials (manuals, evaluations, materials lists etc.)
• Entry of program evaluation feedback forms (via TimbaSurveys/Salesforce)
• Tracking of registration for trainings
• Support organisation of international training logistics (trainer travel etc.)
• Additional Programme Management support as and when needed
3. General Administrative Support
• Database management (Salesforce)
• Organise electronic filing system
• Additional administrative support as and when needed
Specific Skills & Experience Required:
• Previous experience providing effective administrative support to organisations and/or companies
• Basic accounting/financial management skills (knowledge of online accounting systems like Quickbooks is desirable)
• Experience of managing data base/customer relationship management software (experience with Salesforce or similar software desirable)
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, perform functions in a timely manner to a high quality
• Knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, online software (Google Drive, Dropbox, ReceiptBank, Quickbooks, Salesforce) and ability to learn new systems quickly
• Proficiency in English (reading, writing, oral) in order to perform responsibilities (required)
Fluency in Spanish and Catalan (desirable)
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Well organized and self-motivated to work in a team and independently
• Able to work remotely – mobile phone, own laptop and good internet connection is required
• The time commitment for this role is 2 days/week
• The role is based in Barcelona, combining in person and remote working
• In-person meeting space will be provided
• This is 1-year engagement with a 3-month trial period
• Remuneration based on experience
• This role reports to PYE UK Executive Director (based in Barcelona)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume and a short letter by email sharing why you are the right person for this position (in English) to Anna Renau, Programme Manager email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their applications in advance. Due to the small size of our team we will only contact short-listed candidates for an interview. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
PYE is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel and consultants are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, origin, physical ability, martial status or sexual orientation in accordance to UK laws.
For more information about PYE Global, please visit www.pyeglobal.org.